- 1 2020 Environmental Design Contest Tasks
- 1.1 Watch for more information about our new Flash Talk Competition
- 1.2 Archives of the WERC Environmental Design Contests
- 1.3 Platinum Sponsor
- 1.4 Gold Sponsor
- 1.5 Silver Sponsor
2020 Environmental Design Contest Tasks
Watch for more information about our new Flash Talk Competition
Helping schools meet new ABET Student Outcome 3–Teams will give a 3-minute Flash Talk to members of the local community, engineering professionals, faculty, and other students.
Track A: Government Need
- 2020 Task 1-PV Module Efficiency Task 1 FAQs
- NextEra Energy is providing the modules for this task. Let us know ASAP that your team will participate.
Track B: Internet of Things (IOT) for Environmental Applications
Track C: Industry Need
- 2020 Task 3-Phycoremediation of Heavy Metals Task 3 FAQs
- 2020 Task 4-Fluoride Water Treatment and Recovery Task 4 FAQs
- Note that Tasks 3 and 4 were updated in early September.
Track D: Environmental Public Health
- 2020 Task 5-Produced Water-REE Recovery & Clean Water-NGL(Updated 1/22/19) Task 5 FAQs
Track E: Open Task
- 2020 Task 6–Open Task–Teams identify a current real-world environmental challenge that can be analytically validated at the Contest.
Note new Test Plan due date: February 3, 2020. Task 6 FAQs
The 2020 WERC Environmental Design Contest in Las Cruces, NM. April 5-8, 2020.
Registration opens mid-late November 2019.
Here you can find tasks for previous years, as well as the teams that won them.