Starting 2020, the WERC Environmental Design Contest will become an IEEE Conference and will publish a select number of WERC contest entries in the IEEE Conference Proceedings.
- Publication in the conference proceedings will be competitive among all 2020 WERC teams.
- Faculty Advisors will be included in the list of authors.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
About the IEEE Environmental Engineering Initiative
The IEEE Environmental Engineering Initiative intends to create an interdisciplinary forum for the community interested in the area of environmental engineering, including components in various S/Cs which are using our technologies and methodologies but are not yet embraced by our IEEE communities.
Through the initiative, the IEEE community will:
- Share experiences and efforts
- Improve interdisciplinary vision
- Reach out to under-served technical segments
- Embrace and empower the whole community working on environmental engineering
- Expand knowledge dissemination (conferences, publications, curated collections, webinars, educational activities)
- Contribute to expanding people networking
- Contribute to supporting standardization activities