The Design Contest is an IEEE Conference!
Conference name: 2021 Waste-Management and Education Research Conference
- All written reports submitted to Design Contest judges will be considered for publication in IEEE Xplore.
- Approval for publication is based on judges’ review of the paper
- Faculty Advisors may be included in the list of authors.
- Link to 2020 publications.
1. The team writes the technical report, as required at the contest.
2. After reviewing all technical reports submitted, judges recommend a subset to be considered for publication.
3. All teams will be notified of their status in the first review process by April 19, 2021.
4. Teams whose papers are under consideration will condense their technical report to 12 pages (see Paper Requirements, below).
5. Streamlined papers undergo a new review process, including review/revisions/final review.
6. The team pays the $50 paper charge (Fee waiver for IEEE members. See below.)
7. The paper is published in IEEE Xplore.
Limit of 12 pages, using the IEEE-WERC Paper Format Template.
Deadline for submission: May 6, 2021
Include process-flow diagrams with mass/energy balances, as appropriate.
Publication Fees and Waivers
Per-paper fee for publication: $50
Fee Waiver: The $50 fee is waived for a team that has at least one student IEEE member.
Author Kit (Coming Soon)
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
About the IEEE Environmental Engineering Initiative
The IEEE Environmental Engineering Initiative intends to create an interdisciplinary forum for the community interested in the area of environmental engineering, including components in various S/Cs which are using our technologies and methodologies but are not yet embraced by our IEEE communities.
Through the initiative, the IEEE community will:
- Share experiences and efforts
- Improve interdisciplinary vision
- Reach out to under-served technical segments
- Embrace and empower the whole community working on environmental engineering
- Expand knowledge dissemination (conferences, publications, curated collections, webinars, educational activities)
- Contribute to expanding people networking
- Contribute to supporting standardization activities