Educating for a Sustainable Future.
WERC‘s K-12 programs reached tens of thousands of school children and created unique opportunities to introduce school children to environmental science and sustainability. Our programs tied into our unique relationships with many schools, businesses, government agencies, and communities. We also offer some downloadable resources for K-12 classrooms.
- New Mexico Project WET (Water Education for Teachers), est. 1997
- Make a Splash with Project WET, statewide/national water education festivals for K-12 students and teachers, est. 1998
- Water Festival Presentations
- Summer Environmental Academy
- Environmental Art/Essay Contest (6th through 12th grades)
- Small Scale Chemistry Program, an innovative teaching approach that manifests the “Green Chemistry” movement by incorporating fun and safe conservation-based experiments that are time-efficient and inexpensive
- Pre-Freshman Engineering Program